Personal medication dispensing and remote monitoring solution
RxPense® is a personal medication dispensing and remote monitoring solution that ensures seniors, chronic care patients and disabled veterans at home (or elsewhere), take the correct medications on time and notifies caregivers, or pharmacists, psychiatrists, clinicians and physicians, if they miss a dose. It also accurately records and documents the consumption of PRN “as-needed” and OTC medications. It can also capture (through external sensors), monitor and store vitals along with the electronic patient record. It gives users access to digital health care and tele-medicine.
Medication reminders and alerts
Alerts and notifications include a series of visual, audible and vibration prompts to the patient and email, SMS and Cloud-based recording for physicians, clinicians and caseworkers. This new generation device and online monitoring service features the latest communications and display technologies making it the best pill dispenser for seniors! RxPense® automates the dispensing of weekly multidose blister-packaged medications such as DisPill™, Distrimedic™, Eco-Pill™ and others, through a patented process, and significantly reduces the risk of medication non-adherence.
The most intelligent, secure and automatic pill dispenser for seniors and more!
Specifically designed for seniors, by seniors, with a little help from some bright younger folks, the RxPense® ensures the right pills are dispensed at the right time to the right person.
RxPense® is an automatic pill dispenser which promotes medication adherence. RxPense® can also help prevent prescription drug abuse by securely storing, locking and only dispensing medications to the patient or an authorized person.
What Language do you speak?
RxPense® is multilingual and ships with English, French & Spanish out of the box. Additional languages downloadable.
No Fuss, Simple Medication Package Loading
Medications are packaged, sealed and certified by your pharmacist. You receive the sealed blister packages delivered to your residence, home or LTC facility. These packages are loaded into the RxPense® following simple, on-screen instructions by an authorized caregiver, healthcare provider or family member. The RxPense automatically self-programs and is ready to dispense your medications, on-time, every-time.
RxPense® Listens & Talks
A pill dispenser with advanced voice biometrics
When time to take your medications, the RxPense® can alert you via voice, music, alarms or other supported notification methods. With advanced Voice Biometrics, the RxPense® authenticates your voice, and only your voice, to ensure you are the authorized user. Repeat a simple phrase, as displayed on the screen, and your voice is your password to gain access to your medications.
RxPense® Opens the Package, Dispenses and Records Consumption
No more fumbling around with difficult to open packaging or vials. After you have identified yourself, each dose is delivered with the package opened and ready for you to take. Simple on-screen or verbal instructions will guide you every step of the way.
RxPense® is secure. Every unit is physically secured and with NFC identification, PIN, Password and advanced Voice Biometric protocols as part of our built-in security, we ensure only those authorized are allowed access.
The most secure pill dispenser
The RxPense® is locked, rugged, water-resistant and tamper-proof, securing medications and preventing unauthorized access. User authentication is robust. Data encryption and privacy ensures only those authorized, can access the RxPense. High potency medications? High desire medications? Lock them up with the most secure pill dispenser.
For seniors requiring assistance, the RxPense® is Arthritis-friendly with support for visual and cognitive impairments. The RxPense® clearly brings digital health to an aging population – the best pill dispenser for seniors!
Emergency Support for Seniors
In addition to being an amazing personal medication reminder, RxPense® also helps in case of emergency. Our unique Emergency Information Display feature provides the information needed for emergency personnel to make informed decisions. The Emergency Information Display (+) could help first responders make life saving decisions in the event of a medical emergency. It gathers all pertinent data about those under your care from their RxPense® profile. Information such as Name, Address and Telephone, Date of Birth, Height, Weight, List of Prescriptions, Allergies, Medical Conditions, Blood type, Next of Kin/Caregivers and other important notes. The Emergency Information Display information can be displayed, or emailed instantly to caregivers, with the ability to also allow your Emergency Physician or First Responder to enter their email address for a copy.
*Patented & Patent Pending.
The RxPense Personal Security and Safety Accessory
Panique™ is our featured accessory which functions as a wireless panic button and fall detector, connected to the RxPense. The senior wears this device or places it in their pocket. Should they require immediate assistance, they can press the button to alert the RxPense of an emergency. Should the senior fall, the device automatically transmits the event. RxPense maintains a 24×7 central monitoring service which identifies the patient, can call back directly through the RxPense with voice or video conference, or reach the patient and caregivers by phone. The service will then dispatch appropriate First Responders to assist the senior.
Anyone using an RxPense can now find comfort in knowing emergency support is easily within reach.
Cloud-Based Monitoring and Administration of Medication Adherence
Each RxPense® is securely connected to the Cloud to store and access data, notify caregivers and allow secure messaging between authorized users. An extensive management portal is available for facility administrators, owners, physicians, caregivers and patients to manage, monitor and review data collected, within the context of HIPAA and PIPEDA. Access is accorded based on permissions established at each level.
RxPense® the Best Pill Dispenser for Seniors is Innovative and Unique!
- Security, physical & virtual: medications can not be removed or viewed once locked into the RxPense®, until it is time to take them. Biometric/RFID/PIN identification and authorization levels determine who can access and consume. Image of consumer can be captured.
- Validation: When inserted into the RxPense®, Patient Data is automatically captured from header/barcode on sealed blister-packaged medications prepared by the pharmacy. Medications, Patient, Machine and Pharmacy must match the patient profile or EHR.
- Medications: Dispense up to 2 weeks’ complex medication regimens (15 pills per dose). Additional reminders for PRN, OTC and liquids. Control of opioids and high value meds.
- Alerts: Audible alarms and voice recordings as reminders, image and video capture during use.
- Multilingual: English, French and Spanish out of the box. Other languages downloadable.
- Cloud-based Portal: Extensive organizational, sub-org, divisional and location-based management of entire population of devices, caregivers and patients, updates, permissions and privacy. At-a-glance population views and monitoring.
- Surveys: Completely integrated custom survey creation and delivery to patients, before during or after medication consumption.
- Delivery: Medications physically/robotically removed from the blister package and provided to the patient, with instructions for consumption. Perfect for Elderly and arthritic conditions.
- Missed Dose Skip: When a dose is missed, caregivers are notified. Patented robotics ensure the patient is prevented from double-dosing next time.
- Panic/Fall Detection: Panique™ personal pendant that serves as a fall-detector, panic button and authentication device.
- Support: 1 button emergency or caregiver contact assistance.
- Reports: manage/consolidate groups of patients, vitals and medication compliance reports.
- Other: large touch screen, battery backup, emergency information, full audit trail, compliance history