Medipense is seeking an experienced electrical engineer to actively (that means hands-on) participate in the design, development, and maintenance of digital and analog electronics for our RxPense medication management solution. Ideally, you are senior or retired and willing to work 2 days per week to add some excitement back into your life!
In this position, you will be assisting, advising and working closely with our lead electronic engineer to help with overflow and specialized designs. You must have deep and demonstrated experience with digital and analog electronics and PCB design. The ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge of theoretical and practical fundamentals of high performance computing platforms along with motion control electronics.
You will have years of industry experience designing a variety of digital circuits using advanced tools and fabrication processes.
- Assist with the design, development, optimization and debugging of a whole range of digital electronics.
- Investigate and advise on IRQ, UART, RFID, DC Motors, robotics, GPS, Wireless designs and components.
- Review the work of engineers.
- Suggest quality improvements, cost reduction factors.
- Detailed digital design including schematic capture and board layout.
- Digital & analog circuit design and verification.
- Prototype testing and analysis.
- Ability to research and source components and work with component vendors.
- Development of production test specifications and procedures.
- Support of regulatory testing including safety and emissions
- Support of manufacturing
Flexibility is required as responsibilities may be changed as needed.
- Demonstrable experience in successful planning and design of products.
- Demonstrable experience managing others.
- Embedded systems electronic design and programming experience.
- Digital design experience with high performance processors and computing platforms.
- Experience with communications involving modems, network, and wireless technology.
- Experience with motor control systems.
- Experience with display technologies including LCD and touch screens.
- Experience with schematic and PCB layout tools.
- Knowledge and experience of environmental testing and EMC.
- Good balance of theoretical and practical experience and “hands on” in an electronics industrial environment with experience using test equipment.
- Strong people skills.
- Great time management skills and the ability to judge involvement and importance on the critical path of a project.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, in English and French.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical engineering required.
- You will have 15+ years of industry experience designing a variety of digital circuits using advanced tools and fabrication processes.