Software Engineer / Developer – Robotics, Android, Embedded, AI
Are you a software engineer? Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of our aging society? Are you looking to use your smarts in software engineering to develop world-leading robotics and AI products? Make a change in 2018! Medipense is looking for smart, talented, creative and driven individuals to join our team as a software engineer or software developer. We value innovative ability, intelligence, and leadership as much as professional achievement and relevant experience. Candidates will be working on our latest medical device and bringing the highest level of reliability, agility and user friendliness to all that is developed. Passionate embedded software engineer or software developer with specific interest and experience in robotics are needed to design, code, integrate, test and maintain the next generation of digital health products and services. Medication dispensing & remote monitoring with the RxPense® is our passion. Come make it yours! We are a strong technology company and we value input from our developers. If you are ready to take on a new and exciting challenge, apply today!
We need you to:
- Develop code in an embedded, secured, controlled environment.
- Help drive technological innovation of the product by leveraging ground-breaking technologies. We develop core products under Android or Embedded Linux.
- Use cutting-edge native APIs and SDKs
- Develop and enforce UI development standards and frameworks.
- Develop real-time embedded software drivers to control motors, actuators, photo-gates, servos…
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience
- 3+ years experience with architecture, design and development of mobile applications
- Strong knowledge of real-time, embedded, event driven, multi-board control and communications software
- Solid understanding of Android 4.4+, C, C++, JAVA, JSON, XML
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance procedures, testing, verification and validation processes.
- Excellent knowledge of the Android SDK and development tools
- Strong understanding of Android internals, Linux kernel, Processor architecture, embedded systems
- Coding standards, organizational programming skills and good commenting practices is important
- Able to learn quickly and easily adapt to a wide variety of programming challenges
- Excellent communication skills – you have a way with words & can connect easily with others
- Highly organized time management skills – you’re able to juggle multiple priorities at once
- A passion for constant improvement – always looking to do things better
- A problem solver with a positive attitude and excellent relationship management skills
- Comfortable working in a multicultural, multilingual work environment developing multicultural, multilingual products
- Must be able to communicate fluently (100% mastery of the language) in at least one of English or French, ideally both.
- You’re a self-starter, highly effective working independently and within a team
We offer group insurance, a casual and collaborative work environment, flexible hours and free coffee! Only local candidates need apply.