Business Development & Marketing Manager
Medipense is seeking an experienced, energetic and enthusiastic business development and marketing manager to help us develop partnerships, proposals, projects and implement our go to market strategy for the RxPense® patient medication dispensing system and future products. If you have the energy to tackle this combined role in a start-up environment, read-on.
RxPense® is a personal medication dispensing and remote monitoring solution, invented and manufactured by Medipense, that ensures seniors, chronic care patients and disabled veterans at home (or elsewhere), take the correct medications on time and notifies caregivers, or pharmacists, psychiatrists, clinicians and physicians, if they miss a dose.
Medipense Inc., a Canadian medical technology company based in Quebec is dedicated to enhancing peoples’ lives by creating better health sensing, dispensing and monitoring products. The Medipense mission is to develop new hardware and software technology products that reduce cost, reduce morbidity and increase quality of life though better adherence. Our products are designed to be simple to use for seniors, yet secure and feature packed for caregivers and health care providers.
In this position, you will be working independently and supported by our president, engineers and managers. You must have deep and demonstrated experience developing new relationships with government agencies, health care, seniors, veterans and/or Indigenous Peoples. You have a background in marketing including developing and executing marketing plans and working with promotional literature, web sites, blogging and all social media (FB, LinkedIn, Twitter…) The ideal candidate will have experience working with residence or home healthcare and hospital environments.
As a professional, you have deep insights and intuition on how to penetrate new markets, meet difficult to reach individuals and present smooth flowing presentations to an audience.
You will be required to reach out to government agencies, long term care facilities and seniors residences to inform, promote and support our product launch and sales.
- Identify market opportunities
- Identify customer problems
- Define product capabilities and features
- Forecast Return on Investment (ROI)
- Recommend distribution strategies
- Recommend pricing strategies
- Define product positioning
- Create market or sales share projections
- Formulate overall marketing strategy
- Segment and analyze the business and help in formulating a future product development plan
- Maintain marketing, develop new product launch campaigns, produce training and sales materials like brochures, competitive database, price listing, sales letters, sales presentation, etc.
- Conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing and future products
- Analyse customer research, current market conditions and competitor information
- Develop and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing products
- Determine and manage the marketing budget
- Deliver marketing activity within agreed budget
- Collaborate with sales
- monitor industry best practices
Flexibility is required as responsibilities may be changed as needed.
- 3+ years of related experience
- Expert online knowledge, you live on social but don’t tweet at 3am
- Ability to interpret and manage financial numbers
- Must be able to make decisions based on sound principals
- Problem solver, creative thinker, team oriented
- Excellent computer skills
- Able to travel in Canada and the USA
- Able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to judge involvement and importance on the critical path of a project.
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to deliver high quality results.
- Multilingual, strong communication skills, written and oral, in English and French, optionally Spanish, Italian, Mandarin+++
- Only local, Montreal area candidates need apply.
- Bachelor’s degree or Specialty Diploma in business, marketing, engineering or related discipline.
We offer group insurance, a casual and collaborative work environment and significant growth opportunity.