The most intelligent, secure and automatic pill dispenser.
Medication Dispensing and Solutions for Seniors in Residences and Long-term Care Facilities, Veterans, Indigenous Peoples and Chronic Care patients.
Helping Seniors Remain At Home Longer, Pharmacists and Caregivers to Better Manage Patients, Payors to Reduce Costs, Institutions to Provide Better Quality Care.
The RxPense® by Medipense is proudly Made in Canada.
RxPense® is the best pill dispenser for seniors.
Designed with the help of seniors, for seniors who need to manage 5+ medications per dose, patients with chronic disease, disabled veterans and anyone trying to cope with complex medication regimens.
Personal medication dispensing and remote monitoring
RxPense® is a personal medication dispensing and remote monitoring solution that ensures seniors, chronic care patients and disabled veterans at home, residence or managed care facility, take the correct medications on time and notifies caregivers, or pharmacists, psychiatrists, clinicians and physicians, if they miss a dose. It also accurately records and documents the consumption of PRN “as-needed” and OTC medications. It can also capture (though external sensors), monitor and store vitals along with the patient’s electronic record in the RxPense® Portal. It gives users access to digital health care and telemedicine.
In a complex world, we make it easier for seniors to take their medications on time.
Medication dispensing systems for elderly
Perfect for medication, health monitoring and management in home, residence, clinic, hospital or institutional environments, RxPense® ensures the right pills are dispensed at the right time to the right person. RxPense® is a secure, automatic pill dispenser which promotes medication adherence. RxPense® can also help prevent prescription drug abuse by securely storing, locking and only dispensing medications to the patient or an authorized person.
The RxPense® was designed specifically for seniors, to help them remain at home longer. When it is time to move into a residence or managed care facility, the RxPense® can go with them. Built to last, the RxPense® ensures a patient is never alone by maintaining their circle of care, wherever they may be.
Most Advanced Locked Pill Dispenser
The RxPense® product line includes a dispensing device known as the RxPense® Hub, connected third-party sensors (for vitals), a secure cloud-based API and Portal known as the RxPense® Portal, accessible on any platform or mobile device.
- Without assistance, 80% of patients occasionally miss a dose
- 40% of Seniors enter nursing homes because they can not self-medicate
- $300B can be saved by our healthcare system if patients remained adherent
- Seniors are the fastest-growing demographic group
- Life expectancy is expected to continue rising—Canadian men and women born in 2030 will live on average to age 84 and 87, respectively.
- It is widely published that up to 30% of hospital re-admissions are due to Adverse Drug Events (ADEs) of which polypharmacy contributes towards medication non-adherence and medication errors.
Safe & Easy Medication Management
The RxPense® is the only device which secures (physically and with biometric identification, pin and password) stores and automates the dispensing of pharmacist-filled and sealed, weekly multi-dose blister-packaged medications such as DisPill™, Distrimedic™, Eco-Pill™ and others, through a patented process, and significantly reduces the risk of medication non-adherence.
- Where other packaging, like strip, pouch or pillpak, are limited to a maximum of 5 medications, the blister-packaging used by the RxPense® can hold up to 15 medications per dose!
- RxPense® is the only dispenser to securely store skipped or missed doses, reducing the risk of over-consumption.
- With the RxPense® you can keep your current pharmacy! Any pharmacy can supply and deliver medications for the RxPense®. Don’t be limited to specialty mail-order pharmacies.
- RxPense® is an enterprise-grade, robust, secure, and adaptive multilingual pill dispenser supporting native language preferences of patients, caregivers and health care professionals.
- Absolutely no manual filling of medications into dispenser or containers, boxes or drums. No programming required. No underdosing. No overdosing. Fully recorded audit trail.
- For organizations or businesses with many locations, wards, patients to manage, the RxPense Portal can provide the real-time monitoring and reporting you need, regardless of your organizational structure or number of patients.
Patients can reliably take their meds, and remain connected to care, in residence, managed care facility, hospital, even at home, anywhere in the world!
The RxPense® Advantage
According to a CVS Health study, if adherent:
- patients with congestive heart failure save $7,823 on health care annually
- medical bills for patients with diabetes are reduced by $3,756 every year
- treatment for hypertension costs $3,908 less per patient
- patients with high cholesterol on average save $1,258 every year!
RxPense® empowers caregivers with better control of their patients medications
RxPense® empowers patients with better control of their medications
- Safer, Secure Dispensing
- Controlled Monitoring
- TeleMedicine & TeleHealth
- Circle of Care
- Better Outcomes
- Lower Healthcare Costs
- Increased Quality of Life
The pill dispenser that helps avoid medication errors
Medication errors and adverse events are the 4th leading cause of death. With close to 5 billion prescriptions filled each year, an aging society, reduced resources and increasing healthcare costs, it’s already a $300 billion problem.
RxPense® uses physical and virtual security, state of the art communication and identification technologies, combined with a patented dispensing solution to ensure the right patients always receive their prescribed medications at the designated time. RxPense® closes the gap between the pharmacist and the patient.
The RxPense® is Secure
The RxPense® is locked, rugged, water-resistant and tamper-proof, securing medications and preventing unauthorized access. User authentication is robust with Voice Biometrics, RFID Tags, PIN or Password. Data encryption and privacy ensures only those authorized and properly authenticated, can access the RxPense®.
The most advanced, secure, automatic pill dispenser for seniors.
- Are you searching for a better way to ensure medications are taken only by the intended person and only at the right time?
- Are you looking for a secure pill dispenser which physically locks medications inside?
- Are you interested in preventing unauthorized access to Opioid or other high interest medications?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, the RxPense® may be the right product for you.
Medipense Individualized Medication Dispensing and Monitoring Solutions
Medipense offers individualized patient medication management solutions. Each RxPense® pill dispenser is assigned only to one individual and only the medications designated for that individual can be loaded, dispensed and monitored.
RxPense® combines the convenience of machine automation and the utility of senior-friendly software interfaces to create a unique experience to maximize medication compliance.
RxPense® does this with a series of visual, audible and vibration prompts to the senior, and email, SMS and Cloud-based recording for caregivers. This new generation device and online monitoring service features the latest communications and display technologies and automates the dispensing of multi-dose blister-packaged medications though a patented process, to reduce the risk of medication non-compliance, prolong life and quality time spent at home for the senior.
The RxPense® is the best medication management solution for:
Sure, if you are able, you can buy any simple monthly pill organizer, connected or not, manually fill the pill containers and use a free pill reminder app to remind you when to take your medications. You can also just use the blister packaging as is to better organize your daily schedule. However, if you need support, enhanced monitoring, security and connectivity, RxPense® will remind you to take the medications at the right time, and keep you connected to your circle of care including, caregivers, family, physicians and healthcare providers 24×7.
The RxPense® was developed after years of research and development with top talented software, aerospace and robotics engineers in Montreal, Canada. The RxPense® is patented and designed for 30 second loading, automated self-programming and ease of use. Perfect for seniors to remain at home longer and connected to loved ones, wherever they may be.
To learn more about RxPense®, the only senior-friendly pill dispenser and our unique solutions download a free white paper today!
Medication Adherence Solutions for
The amazing, multilingual, automated, connected RxPense® Hub. It’s the best pill dispenser for seniors! Seniors who want to remain at home, longer. Seniors in residences, long term care facilities or assisted living facilities. Chronic care patients trying to manage a complex medication regimen. Veterans struggling to cope with a barrage of pills each day. Health care professionals, caregivers, insurance and other payors managing thousands of patients, the RxPense® offers a solution for you to reduce costs, increase medication adherence and provide a better quality of life for all.
Medipense articles about medication adherence and digital health
The Computer Electronics Show was a major success for Medipense this year. Meeting seniors with medication adherence needs, property developers looking to supply the latest in technology with seniors focus, Google, Verily, Amazon, Samsung, HMOs, Insurers, Hospitals,...read more
Do I Put Mom in an Assisted Living Facility?The most difficult decision a child (or spouse) can make is whether to place mom or dad in a managed care facility or allow either to remain at home longer. Guilt, stress, love, failure, quality of care and social stigma...read more
Jacques Letourneau has joined Medipense to lead the sales team as we enter our commercialization phase. Montreal, Quebec, December 27, 2018. Medipense is proud to announce that Jacques Letourneau has assumed the role of Director of Sales, effective immediately. With...read more
We are nearing the end of 2018 and what have we learned? Our population is rapidly aging, in fact faster than at any time in history. Advances in medicine and education have resulted in better health management resulting in an extended lifespan. The average life...read more
The newest generation of pill dispensers are not only automated, but connected as well. Last year, we spent some time researching for the best pill dispenser for seniors and those for general consumer use. In the original article written for Medium.com, we documented...read more
The five rights of medication administration, AKA the 5 R’s, were developed as goals to reduce medication errors and the subsequent adverse events. Ensuring that the right drug is administered to the right patient in the right dose by the right route at the right time...read more